Sunday, December 11, 2005

. . . and the home of the brave!

After just half a week back in the USA I find myself bursting with pride and sighing to myself, "It is good to be home." Case in point: yesterday Andrea and I were paying homage to that greatest of American pastimes (shopping at Wal-mart) and looking for a remedy for nappy rash, which Janelle is just starting to develop. (For the visual thinkers amongst our readers: I guess I wipe just a touch too vigorously!) Amongst the various products Wal-mart stocks on their shelves was a product entitled (I kid you not) Butt Paste. The best part of all of this, however, is that I went to google.com and typed "butt paste" (quotation marks included), and it turns out that this product has its own website. It ought to be mentioned, in a more sombre tone of voice, that Butt Paste was apparently another unfortunate victim of Hurricane Katrina, so those of you beyond the commercial reaches of Sam Walton (which may or may not include ASDA, a company owned by Wal-mart) will not be able to submit your order via the internet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Butt paste? I have to read up on cross-cultural theories now. mi

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man, as you note, you're back in the land of the free and the home of the brave, no more of this "nappy" business...it's "diapers" now and will be "pull ups" before you know it!
good to hear you guys are home safely.
clk

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home